And so it came to pass, the third and final instalment in our 5th Birthday EP series yields 4 further collaborations of the highest pedigree and calibre.
Step forward Gorge & Joeski, Guy Mantzur & Lonya, Wally Lopez & Joal and Marc DePulse & Several Definitions who all bring their own inimitable flair and flavour to the party to provide us with yet another awesome foursome.
Gorge & Joe set the pace on ‘Jogo’ (Eat your heart out Brangelina). With it’s feet firmly planted in Deep Tech terrain it rolls into town, shooting from the hip with the kind of swagger you’d expect from these two experienced gunslingers. 4/4 at 10 paces.
Next it’s Messrs Mantzur & Lonya, two leading lights of the thriving Tel Aviv electronic music scene pairing up for ‘Dynasty’. Characterised by the elegant piano work of Adam Gorlizki set against an emotional progressive backdrop, its subtlety charms and shines above all else.
On the other side of the coin, we find Marc DePulse & Jeremy Vieira (aka Several Definitions) calling the shots on ‘Ego Rex’, an altogether different affair with it’s brazen, explosive energy burning brightly in your face. All about the attitude.
And to wrap things up, calling time on our trio of celebratory EPs (Did we mention it was our birthday?) we present ‘Peninsula’ courtesy of the Spanish/Portuguese combo of Wally Lopez & Joal. A wonderfully understated piece of work thats seductive powers intensify with every listen. A tune for all seasons.
So all that remains is to say a big thank you to everyone who helped us commemorate this landmark anniversary. We hereby promise to stop milking it for all it’s worth. Normal service will now be resumed.
Selador Recordings – Back to business!
Listen again to Dave’s widely acclaimed Radio Therapy show which now broadcasts on 80 stations around the World. It’s the way he plays ’em!
1. Honey Dijon & Tim K feat. John Mendelsohn ‘Thunder’ (Rampa) [Classic]
2. Nico Morano ‘Bratan’ [Selador]
3. Zoo Brazil ‘Across My Heart’ [Selador]
4. Dave Seaman ’Slippery Beast’ [(Moonwalk) Sincopat]
5. Jonas Rathsman ’To Infinity And Beyond’ [Mobilee]
6. Catz ’N Dogz & Joseph Ashworth ‘Factory Settings’ [Dirtybird]
7. Matador ‘Air’ [Rukus]
8. Monolink ‘Swallow’ (Tale Of Us) [Embassy One]
9. Luis Junior ‘Ways’ (Super Flu) [Monaberry]
10. Dave Seaman ’Slippery Beast’ [Sincopat]
11. Frederick Stone ‘Haiti’ [Radiant]
Dave’s latest remix comes as part of the first release from Martin Eyerer & Ackermann’s new Ignite label. Featuring the label bosses themselves together with the distinctive vocals of Thomas Gandey, this is Dave’s first remix release of the year and one we know he is very proud of. Hope you like it too
(Video by Predrag Ivusic)
My first collaborative production with my Selador Recordings label partner Steve Parry ‘Repeat Offender’ is out now. Watch the video here >>
Part 2 kicks off with the boss men Dave Seaman & Steve Parry who come together for the first time in the studio and as you’d expect, the result is pure Selador. ‘Repeat Offender’ carries all the hallmarks of the what you’ve come to expect from the label. Carefully crafted, contemporary club music with unwavering intent and a twinkle in it’s eye.
Next come two pairings straight from the frontline of Berlin’s vibrant electronic community. First, Martin Eyerer & Namito join forces for ‘Durant’, a no-frills beast of a tune that operates with intense efficiency. Lean and mean, a fine specimen.
We follow that with a pairing that between them, already have 6 Selador releases under their belt and it’s time to make it seven as Florian Kruse & Justin Massei step up with ‘Norssken’. A pulsating prime time workout crafted to cause optimum damage on the dance floor. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!
To round things off, two more artists who’ve been no strangers to the label throughout our first 5 years, our Manchester and French connections respectively, Simon JOBE and Antoine ‘Acumen’ Garcin. They combine for ‘Incontrolable’, a 9 minute futuristic odyssey as insubordinate as it’s title suggests. Dance music from outer space.
And that’s Part 2 folks. Hold tight. Back soon with Part 3.
Team Selador – It’s a family affair.
Recorded live at Selador’s 5th Birthday launch party at Watergate Berlin on April 26th, here’s Dave’s set in it’s entirety including an exclusive of his brand new track ‘Rodales’ which is forthcoming on Selador in July. Enjoy!
1. Super Flu ‘Doppt’ [Monaberry]
2. Denis Horvat ‘Guilty Pleasures’ [Exit Strategy]
3. Giorgia Anguilla ‘You Caress’ (Moonwalk) [Systematic]
4. Anii ‘Korzenie’ [Kompakt]
5. Super Flu ‘Ark’ [Monaberry]
6. K.E.E.N.E ‘Goroboteando’ (Stereo MC’s) [Connected]
7. Mulya ‘Favilla’ [Monaberry]
8. Danny Howells ‘Isolar’ [8 Bit]
9. Moonwalk ‘Zed’ [Stil Vor Talent]
10. Eagles & Butterflies, John Digweed & Nick Muir ‘Divenire’ [Bedrock]
11. Patrice Baumel ‘The Hatchet’ [Afterlife]
12. Dysart ’Tribalee’ [Kneaded Pains]
13. Enzo Elia & Musumeci ‘Gothic Safari’ [Kompakt]
14. Rafael Cerato & Lunar Plane ‘Darkclaw’ [Stil Vor Talent]
15. Ilija Djokovic ‘Pandora’ (Olivier Giacomotto) [Terminal M]
16. Jiggler ’Serenity’ [Hive]
17. Circle Sky ‘The Light’ (Patrice Baumel) [BMG]
18. Olivier Giacomotto ‘A1’ [Noir]
19. Dave Seaman ‘Rodales’ [Selador]
20. Martin Eyerer, Ackermann & Thomas Gandey ‘Don’t Change’ (Dave Seaman) [Ignite]
Listen again to Dave’s widely acclaimed Radio Therapy Broadcast – Electronic Music Radio above and beyond the call of duty each and every month. You’re welcome
1. Rancido ‘Peacock Trance’ [Klassified]
2. Sabb ‘Jeopardised’ [Radiant]
3. Clavis ‘Prodomo’ [Freerange]
4. Claptone ft. Nathan Nicholson ‘Under The Moon’ (Catz ’n Dogz) [Different]
5. Tim Green ‘Echo’ [Cocoon]
6. Denis Horvat ‘Paradon’ [Exit Strategy]
7. Eagles & Butterflies, John Digweed & Nick Muir ‘Crazy Diamond’ [Bedrock]
8. Antrim & Some Little Things ‘Just So You Know’ (Ran Salman) [Beat Boutique]
9. Acumen & JOBE ‘Incontrolable’ [Selador]
10. Kaiserdisco ‘Varuna’ (Adana Twins) [Ironic]
11. UNER ‘Infinite Pledge’ [Solar Distance]
Talking all things Selador to coincide with the label’s 5th Birthday celebrations, here’s my recent interview for the Germany’s Faze Magazine transcribed into English…