My new remix for Metodi Hristov & Artslaves on the Set About label. Also featuring a remix from DJLion. Support on this one from Paco Osuna Wehbba Bastian Bux Cristian Varela and more. Grab yours here>> http://classic.beatport.com/track/flip-trip-dave-seaman-remix/8843244
Label boss Steve Parry gets proceedings underway with ‘Luna’. Our man doesn’t release much music as he’s notoriously fussy, so we’re delighted he finally deemed this one worthy by his own lofty standards. ‘Luna’ is a hommage to his own Liverpool based parties and fuses housier elements with plenty of drive, roof raising stabs and his hallmark sprinkling of acid for good measure too. It’s a biggie!
The legendary Jaydee then steps up with ‘Basemento’. A bit of a coup for Selador as the Dutchman’s releases are probably rarer than Steve’s! Here we find a throbbing, bass driven, peak time slab of energy that will have you on the first train to Gurnsville quicker than you can say double drop.
Another dance music legend is next as Wally Lopez drops ‘Focused’. This may raise a few eyebrows as it’s a bit of a left turn from the Spaniard’s recent productions. Here he shows his darker side. Melodic and punchy but with a serious kick.. You’ve been warned.
Label favourite Joal returns after his recent ‘Magician’ release with ‘Eskimo’. Trippy and bubbly but with a composed posture, it’s the arp line that emerges into the dominant force here. Quirky and cool as always from this fine producer, it’s a head melter.
Another Selador debut follows as SQL lands a floaty yet ballsey gem in the form of ‘Phoenix’. The Dutch gent has been on our radar since day one so we were delighted when this winner landed in our inbox. Infectious, tinkling melodies are order of the day, but offset by a moody undertone. Crackerjack.
Ibizan based Alice Clark perked our ears right up when we heard ‘Chaser (Six.AM Remix)’. Channelling a retro underground Detroit house feel yet still sounding ultra fresh, this has been road tested by us many times and always delivers the goods without fail.
Rounding things off is Romanian producer, Punu. We were tipped off on this track by our mutual friend, André Hommen and it turns out he knew us well as we love it! Skippy beats reminiscent of Black Coffee collide with layer upon layer of rollercoaster melodies. Top notch.
It’s 2017 Seladorian style. The shape of things to come.
Tracklist as follows..
1. Adam Port & Stereo MCs ‘Changes’ (Adam Port) [Freerange]
2. Michael Mayer & Joe Goddard ‘For You’ (Solomun) [K7]
3. Enzo Elia ‘Drifting’ [Freerange]
4. Dave Seaman ‘Voodoo Disarray’ [Selador]
5. Nasser Baker feat. Mike Hart ‘Alright’ (Huxley) [Suara]
6. Maxxi Soundsystem & Alex Banks ‘Lost In Memory’ [Moda Black]
7. Namito & Amine K ‘Falling Serpent’ [Selador]
8. Yeuz ‘Ferrari’ [Unknown]
9. Alan Fitzpatrick ‘Friday Night Dancing’ (Skream) [We Are The Brave]
10. Drunken Kong ‘Chanted’ [Terminal M]
11. Gregor Tresher ‘Quiet Distortion’ (Nicole Moudaber) [Break New Soil]
After a 2016 to remember, Selador kickstart the new year with the fourth instalment of our acclaimed Showcase series. Putting down our marker for the year, the label has gathered together a formidable compilation that scales enviable heights. In fact, we’d go as far as to say it’s our best Showcase yet! Featuring a mix of established names side by side with several newcomers too, the release will be split into two easily digestible parts so no-one gets overlooked amongst this embarrassment of riches.
Part 1 commences with el patròn, Dave Seaman spearheading the attack courtesy of ‘Voodoo Disarray’. Employing a vocal snippet that fans of his classic Renaissance Awakenings compilation will instantly recognise, this has been a secret weapon of the Selador boys for several months. What kind of voodoo do you do?
Dee Montero & Dimitri Yakov then return to the label with a collaboration of some magnitude. The duo both reside in Ibiza for the majority of the year and the sunshine soaked vibes of the White Isle most definitely shine through on ‘Alba’. Keeping it classy.
Next up is another collaboration that hits the spot as Namito & Amine K make their Seladorian debut with ‘Falling Serpent’. A twisting and turning journey from two masters of their craft who we’re honoured to have on the label. Dance music from another dimension.
Native Behavior may be a new name to some of you but we believe the Californian is destined for big things. ‘Silence’ is his inaugural release and is a sure sign of things to come. A remarkably accomplished debut.
Anii is another artist on the rise following recent releases on Global Underground and Third Son’s Polymath. Here she delivers what we believe is her finest work to date with the distinctive and sublime ’Soma’. Sounds of the supernatural.
And finally, wrapping things up for the first part of this fearsome compilation, Marymoon joins the Selador ranks with ‘Fantom Us’. The St. Petersburg descendent and resident of the White Ocean Camp at Burning Man festival drops a monster direct from the desert. Battle-ready.
And that my friends, concludes Part 1. Look out for Part 2 following hot on it’s heels. It’s equally as devastating.
Team Selador – Happy New Year x
Listen again to the final Radio Therapy Broadcast of 2016. Going out with a bang courtesy of some choice cuts from the likes of Lee Van Dowski, Agoria, Moby, Re.You and many more. Tune in in 2017 for 12 more months of the good stuff. It’s what we do
Tracklist as follows..
1. Moby ‘Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?’ (Magdalena) [Diynamic]
2. Just Her feat. Kieran Fowkes ‘On The Low’ [Selador]
3. Dave Seaman ‘Voodoo Disarray’ [Selador]
4. Moritz Guhling ‘Rasied By Woves’ [Univack]
5. James Harcourt ‘Wonderland’ [Soulful Techno]
6. Eli & Fur ‘Hold Me Down’ [NYX]
7. Marc Maya ‘Teka’ [Saved]
8. Re.You ’Substitute’ (Mathias Schober) [Mobilee]
9. Wally Lopez ‘Focused’ [Selador]
10. Steve Parry ‘Luna’ [Selador]
11. Glance Off ‘Balathon’ (Lee Van Dowski) [Non Stop]
12. Third Son ‘Black Hole Escape Mechanism’ [Upon You]
13. Agoria ‘Up All Night’ [Sapiens]
And rounding up my end-of-year favourites, here’s my Top 10 club tracks for 2016. Everyone a winner. Enjoy!
1. Andre Lodeman ‘Last Exit’ [Freerange]
2. Booka Shade ‘White Rooms’ (Jonas Rathsman) [Blaufield]
3. Clavis ‘Cydalise’ [Freerange]
4. Dave Seaman ‘Nightfalls’ (Lee Van Dowski) [Selador]
5. Ian Pooley ‘What’s Your Number’ (Show-B) [Pooled]
6. Dusky feat. Solomon Grey ‘Long Wait’ (Patrice Baumel) [17 Steps]
7. Noir & Olivier Giacomotto ‘Reste’ (Raxon) [Tronic]
8. Damian Lazarus ‘Trouble At The Seance’ (Kölsch) [Crosstown Rebels]
9. Stephan Bodzin ‘IX’ (Marc Romboy) [Herzblut]
10. Tom Peters ‘Two Of Us’ (Tim Engelhardt) [Selador]
My 2016 year-end round-ups continue with my favourite albums of 2016. Will be back soon with my best club tracks of the year.
1. Petite Noir ‘La Vie Est Belle’
2. Radiohead ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’
3. Underworld ‘Barbara Barbara, We Face A Shining Future’
4. Bon Iver ’22, A Million’
5. Glass Animals ‘How To Be A Human Being’
6. James Blake ‘The Colour In Anything’
7. Anohni ‘Hopelessness’
8. De La Soul ‘And The Anonymous Nobody’
9. Quantic presents Flowering Inferno ’1000 Watts’
10. Various Artists ‘La Torre – Volumen Uno’
It’s that time again. Time to reflect on another fantastic 12 months of music. As has now become customary, I will spilt my year-end Top 10s up into Best Singles, Best Albums & Best Club Cuts and if I get chance, films too. So with no further ado, here are my Top 10 singles of 2016. Enjoy
10. Coldcut ft. Roots Manuva ‘Only Heaven’
9. Wild Beasts ‘Get My Bang’
8. Massive Attack ft, Hope Sandoval ‘The Spolis’
7. NZCA Lines ‘Two Hearts’
6.Cassius ft. Cat Power & Mike D ’Action’
5. Joan As Policewoman & Lazor Davis ‘Broke Me In Two’
4. James Blake ‘Radio Silence’
3. David Bowie I Can’t Give Everything Away
2. DJ Shadow ft. Run The Jewels ‘Nobody Speak’
1. Underworld ‘If Rah’
Selador head honchos Steve Parry & Dave Seaman caught hatching plans for 2017 at their country lair.
As the year draws to an end, UK label Selador Recordings, headed by Dave Seaman and Steve Parry are about to embark on a epic 12 days of Christmas giveaway spree with 12 unreleased exclusive mixes and new releases to fans around the world.
It’s been a remarkable twelve months for the label. From their 3rd Birthday at Ministry Of Sound, London to three special dates during Space Ibiza’s final season to reaching the milestone of their 50th release, 2016 has been one to remember and this campaign is a way of saying Thank You for all the support.
Selador’s 12 Days Of Xmas will feature prominent label luminaries such as Lonya, Third Son, Han Haak, Dee Montero, D Nox as well as some unreleased goodies by the label honchos themselves and is spread over the days leading up to Christmas. By heading to www.seladorrecordings.com each day, fans will be able to unlock the mixes to download with a simple registration of their email address. Each gift is available for 24 Hours so don’t delay, get involved now!
Wishing a very Seladorian Xmas to one and all
Very early morning on the last day of August this year, after the sunrise, I DJ’ed at the alternate universe that is Burning Man Festival, following on from an epic set by my good friend Hernan Cattaneo. One of my highlights of 2016, here is that set. It’s a spiritual thing! Enjoy the ride
1. King Britt pres. Obafunke ‘Uzoamaka’ (SBTH Remix) [Lossless]
2. Eagles & Butterflies ‘Experiment C’ [Life Imitating Art]
3. Life & Bazaar ‘Samson’ [Saved]
4. Affkt ‘Between Us’ (Dave Seaman) [Sincopat]
5. Reset Robot ’Stadel Lion’ [Moan]
6. Dave Seaman ‘Voodoo (Demo)’ [Selador]
7. Dee Montero ‘Fugazi’ [Selador]
8. Dave Seaman ‘Nightfalls’ (Chymera) [Selador]
9. Andre Lodemann ‘Last Exit’ [Freerange]
10. Underworld ‘Ova Nova’ (Pig & Dan) [Astralwerks]
11. &ME ‘Cape Coast’ [Keinemusik]
12. Habischman ‘Moan’ [Knee Deep In Sound]
13. Dee Montero ‘Solace’ [Selador]
14. Dennis Ferrer & Ben Westbeech ‘Right Thing’ [Defected]
15. Oxia & Nicolas Masseyeff ‘Connivence’ [Diversions]
16. Dee Montero ‘Vedra’ [Knee Deep In Sound]
17. Ian Pooley ‘What’s Your Number’ (Show B) [Pooled]
18. Kollektiv Turmstrasse ‘Jupiter Sunrise’ [Diynamic]