After what seems an eternity since it’s completion at the end of the summer last year, I’m very happy to say my collaboration with Israeli producer, Sagy Amir, aka One Million Toys, is now finally out on the fine St. Louis based imprint, Tulipa Recordings. Following on from my Holy Ghost release for the label last year, this picks up where that left off in funky deep house territory which has already caught the ear of Maceo Plex, Stacey Pullen and Danny Tenaglia amongst others. I’m also very pleased to say that stepping up to the plate on remixing duties this time are two of my favourite producers, Roland M. Dill and Arjun Vagale who offer completely different takes on the original in their own inimitable styles. Roland heads into dark throbbing techno territory for his fantastic interpretation whilst India’s rising star Arjun weighs in with a progressive techno epic quite unlike anything he’s done before. Expect the unexpected. All in all, I’m super happy with this one. Hope you enjoy it too.
In early 2013 Dave Seaman released an amazing single on the United States-based label Tulipa Recordings which made a big impact on the global electronic music scene with DJ support from the every one from of Seth Troxler to Florain Meindl and Nick Warren to Lee Curtiss. Showcasing the DJ legend’s sophisticated style of fusing hypnotic grooves with memorable melodies, Dave raised the bar yet again to mark another pinnacle in his long career. Continuing this momentum, the master returns with The Holy Ghost Remix Competition and now you too can become a part of the story.
The winner will have their remix released on Tulipa Recordings this summer alongside mixes from heavyweights D-Nox & Beckers and Dousk. The rules are simple but must be followed exactly to be considered in the competition.
1. Go to www.beatport.com/track/the-holy-g…inal-mix/4413467 and purchase your own copy of Dave Seaman – The Holy Ghost (Original Mix).
2. Go to www.tuliparecordings.com and download the stems.
3. Create your fantastic remix using the samples provided; do not use any copyrighted material in your mix.
4. Have fun, fun, and more fun crafting your masterpiece.
5. Upload your remix to soundcloud.com/groups/dave-seaman-the-holy-ghost-remix-competition/tracks WITH THE DOWNLOAD ENABLER TURNED OFF but set to public. Any entries that have the download function enabled will automatically be disqualified.
All entries must be submitted by April 4th, 2014 at 11:59 PM United States Central Time Zone.
ALL 5 STEPS MUST BE COMPLETED TO BE QUALIFIED. This will be verified before the winner is chosen. Dave Seaman and Summer (Brendon Collins) will together chose their favorites and then narrow the selection down to one lucky finalist.
My debut for long running German label Great Stuff entitled ‘Flatter To Deceive’ is now available in all fine digital retail emporiums with rising star, Seff on remix duties. The original is a tough slab of rolling tech house with African undertones and a roof raising drop while Seff takes a slightly sparser, housier route which is bound to please his growing legion of fans including Hot Since 82 and Mark Knight. If you’ve managed to catch me at any of my gigs over the last few month’s chances are you’ll have heard me play this. It’s the one with the jungle noises! Enjoy
Listen again to the February edition of my Radio Therapy show which premieres on the third Tuesday of every month exclusively on Friskyradio.com
Playlist as follows..
1. Flowers Sea Creatures ‘So Far The Star’ [My Favourite Robot]
2. Rui Da Silva ‘Feeling You’ (Beats 5)[Kismet]
3. Dave Seaman & Funkagenda ‘Naughty Forest’ (Nicolas Masseyeff) [Selador]
4. Darlyn Vlys ‘Floor 122′ (Sante & Sidney Charles) [Avotre]
5. Murr & Rosina ‘Dive Into The Deepest’ (Maceo Plex) [Thoughtless]
6. Marc Romboy ‘Stella’ [Systematic]
7. Hot Since 82 ‘Planes & Trains’ (WaFF)[Suara]
8. Dave Seaman ‘Flatter To Deceive’ [Great Stuff]
9. Karol XVII & MB Valence [Suara]
10. Dubspeeka ‘Alone’ (Joel Mull) [Waveform]
11. Butch ‘Std’ [Cecile]
12. Paul Rutherford ‘Get Real’ (Robert Babicz Dub) [Selador]
It’s hard to believe that it’s only 12 months ago since we started work on the launch of Selador. Our first release, ‘Restless Dreams’ by Samu.l didn’t actually come out until mid April and we only have 8 releases under our belt since, but somehow it already feels like we’ve been doing this since forever.
So for release number nine, we decided it was a good time to take stock and clear the decks as it were.
Selador Reloads (see what we did there?) will be an occasional series of remixes from our back catalogue. These are not remixes that didn’t make it onto the respective releases because they weren’t good enough. Far from it. Mostly they were done after the event by special request of the remixers themselves. Robert Babicz thunderous reworking of Paul Rutherford’s ‘Get Real’ being a good case in point. When Robert got the promo of our release of the acid house classic with remixes by Darren Emerson, Just Be Bushwacka & Pete Gooding, he declared his love of the track, one of his all time favourites he said, and could he have a go at remixing it too? Well, does a bear do his proverbial business in the woods?! The result is what is known in clubland as an “absolute bomb”. Already a weapon of choice for John Digweed, Christian Smith & Josh Wink, Robert nails it with a heavy as kick drum & bass combination powering proceedings that is simultaneously respectful to the original whilst giving the whole thing a definite 2014 flavour. There are also Vocal & Dub versions from which to choose
Coming up fast in Robert’s slipstream on this EP, is a new remix of Kucna Muzika’s ‘Feel It’. A popular track from our ADE Collection, this Serbian production duo’s debut gets a reworking from one of Selador’s new guys on the block, Seff. And what a fine job he does too. A groovily infectious houser that still revolves around the original’s bass and vocal hooks but gives the whole thing a much rawer feel. It’s not a major overhaul. It’s much more subtle than that. But it definitely does the trick. Hear for yourself and you’ll get what we mean.
Next up is the Thomas Tuft reworking of what was our third release, ‘Marionette’ by Rychard. Thomas is a king amongst men on the Slo Motion scene which he ably exhibits with this epic take that combines so many different flavours into one big melting pot of chunky nu disco. Floyd-esque guitar licks, soaring string swells, toms and cowbells-a-plenty, you name it, it’s all in there. Such an inventive arrangement, yet still with both feet firmly on the dance floor. We like this a lot and we think you will too.
And last but by no means least, wrapping up proceedings, we have the wonderful Of Norway boys interpretation of Robert Babicz’s own ‘Rosegarden’, another track lifted from last year’s ADE Sampler. Of Noway had been on our hit list of remixers for sometime but were all tied up recording their new album for Connoisseur but as soon as they wrapped that up, they were true to their word and were on our phone primed and ready for duty. It was most definitely worth the wait. They deliver a wonderfully organic interpretation that oozes class from every orifice. A real gem.
And there you have it, Selador Reloads. Another top drawer collection. As a wise man once said, “You don’t know where you’re at, ’til you know where you’ve been”. Word! x
Get your copy here… http://www.beatport.com/release/selador-reloads/1232788
Listen again and download my latest Radio Therapy show which premieres on the third Tuesday of every month on friskyradio.com Enjoy!
Tracklist as follows..
1. The Black 80s ‘Move On’ (Kollektiv Turmstrasse)[Freerange]
2. Shapeshifters ‘Happy’ (Pete Gooding)[Nocturnal Groove]
3. Holy Ghost! ‘OK’ (A Jus Ted) [DFA]
4. Rob Hes & Steve Slight ‘Focusing’ (Gabriel Ananda) [Selador]
5. Sebastien Leger ‘Tinkle’ 
6. Shall Ocin ‘Forgive Me’ (Edu Imbernon) [Culprit]
7. Marcus Worgull & Peter Pardeike ‘Blythe’ [Innervisons]
8. AFFKT feat. Forrest ‘Now’ (Shall Ocin) [Tenampa]
9. Royksopp feat. Susanne Sundfor ‘Running To The Sea’ (Pachanga Boys) [Dog Triumph]
10. Christoph ‘Big H’ [Nordic Trax]
11. Christian Smith & Wehbba ‘Third Floor’ [Tronic]
Next up from Selador Recordings, we are excited to present a double header from the two of techno’s new leading lights, Rob Hes & Steve Slight. With recent releases under their belts on the likes of Oliver Huntemann’s Ideal imprint, Hernan Cattaneo’s Sudbeat & Stephan Bodzin’s Herzblut too, the prolific duo have delivered what we consider to be their best work yet in the form of ‘Focusing’ & ‘Mankind’.
Both big dance floor weapons in their own right, ‘Focusing’ also comes with massive remixes from both Gabriel Ananda and Selador’s own Steve Parry and judging by the huge swell of support from everyone from Jamie Jones to Tensnake, Pig & Dan to Guy J and DJ Chus to M.A.N.D.Y, this could end up being one of our biggest releases to date. Grab it while it’s hot people
PS. Must also say a huge THANKS again to Spike Dennis for once again providing the distinctive artwork on this release. It’s all about the unicorn porn don’t you know! You can see more of Spike’s splendidly idiosyncratic works at spikeworld.co.uk or follow him on Twitter @Spike_Dennis
For the seventh release on our burgeoning Selador Recordings label we are pleased to welcome SEFF into the fold with a wonderful 3 track EP of big booming underground House music. SEFF aka Joe Saunders has been making quite a name for himself over the last year with releases on Steve Lawler’s Viva Music and his own Mindmaze Music imprint and his first full release for Selador has had no shortage of takers either. The likes Hot Since 82, Groove Armada, Cevin Fischer, Betoko, AFFKT and Kolombo have all pledged their support with all 3 tracks finding their way into the sets of the elite. The lead track ‘Freestyle Fantastic’ sets the bar high with it’s growling dirty synths and “On and on and on” vocal refrain, whilst ‘Listen’ goes deeper and darker and ‘Lost In The Underground’ heads into slightly wonkier territory. Quite simply, if raw underground house sounds are your bag then we’re sure you’ll find something to whet your whistle here. Without doubt, the boy Seff has a big, bright future.
Listen again to my latest Radio Therapy Show which premieres on the third Tuesday of every month on Friskyradio.com
Tracklist as follows..
1. Rudimental Feat. Emelie Sande ‘Free’ (Maya Jane Coles mix) [Black Butter]
2. Ame feat. Vulkano ‘Den Ritta’ [Innervisions]
3. Nils Nuremberg ‘The Morning Slap’ [Exploited]
4. Hunter Game ‘Distant Storms’ (Christian Prommer) [My Favourite Robot]
5. Tiger Stripes ‘Runaways’ (Matthew Herbert) [Get Physical]
6. George Fitzgerald ‘Bad Aura’ [Domino]
7. Dave Seaman & One Million Toys ‘Everything Comes In Threes’ [Tulipa]
8. Dave Seaman & Funkagenda ‘Naughty Forest’ [Selador]
9. TV Baby ‘New York Is Alright’ (Maetrik) [Ellum]
10. Shadow Child ‘So High’ (Hot Since 82)
11. Tiga Vs. Audion ‘Let’s Go Dancing’ (Solomun)
Finishing up my end of year Top 10s with my favourite films of the last 12 months. As always I’ve not managed to see everything I’d have liked to but there were still loads of crackers including these 10. And that’s it, I’m clocking off, all that remains to be said is a very Merry Xmas to one and all. See you in 2014
2. Captain Phillips
6. The Act Of Killing
9. Django Unchained
10. Before Midnight